Wednesday 6 February 2013

Chanel Has Delivered Spring To My Nails.

What better way to write a post on the beautiful new Chanel 2013 Le Vernis spring colours than snuggled up with two hot water bottles, peppermint tea, BBC Africa on and waiting patiently for my nails to dry.

First things first you'll never see my nails in anything other than Chanel.

With the winter starting to become too much for me and the need for summer to hurry up and get here the lovely girls at my local Chanel counter brightened up my winter depression by telling me the spring colours were soon to be out on 18th of January.

I had a couple of weeks still to get through so on getting home I instantly set out online to find out what these colours were. Unfortunately my excitement that carried me home quickly left me. Emprise and Fracas looked like last years Frisson and Distraction an Accessorise the same as the signature Rouge Noir.

From working within the fashion industry and knowing the upcoming trends it was not what I expected and thought they had played it far too safe with the choice of colours. I wasn't going to let it get to me and went with the thought that my bank card could do with the little saving. However that thought did not last long.

I was lucky to preview the new colours the night before they officially launched and left that evening with the colour Fracas at the top of my thoughts. A vibrant pink that was actually the exact tone I was after, not at all similar to last summers Distraction which has a coral tone to it an sines from pink to coral depending not he light. This was hot, vibrant, gorgeous pink.

The following day I gave in to myself (it doesn't take much) and found myself walking home from work clutching the small silk rope handles of a Chanel bag.

Nothing is more exciting than throwing your work bag down, cooking something yummy to eat knowing that upstairs there's a small white bow waiting to be undone that's holding together your latest purchase.

I snuggled down with the latest glossy magazines and set about manicuring my nails. On prepping my nails I realised I had painted one nail with Emprise while the girls wrapped up my purchase at the counter and now the more attention I gave the colour the more I feel in love with it and actually it wasn't at all like Frisson in the slightest. It didn't have that glitter shine going through it and it had more orangey tones to it than pink. It was pretty and girly so subtle and soft.
My nails were going to need this spring colour as well.


A girlie weekend approached and with my girlie Amanda we left the counter together both clutching a bag each (I am the worst person to go any where near a Chanel counter with, you will walk away with a small purchase or two).


Thank you Chanel for another beautiful collection of nail colours as well as some beautiful make-up pieces that will be making there way into my make-up bag before I know it.

One easy way to my heart is a small pot costing £18 in a pretty colour tied up in small white bag with black writing with black silk rope handles tied with a ribbon bow and you've won me over.

The trio of colours are available now at Chanel counters at £18 each, be sure to snap yours up soon though as they are selling out quickly.

shhhh!
But Fracas and Emprise are limited edition.













No comments:

Post a Comment