Thursday 28 February 2013

Language Of Flowers Love

A couple of weeks ago after a lazy morning in bed with Tatler. Having read every article not once but twice I hopped online to Tatler to see more recent happenings (magazines and especially monthly glossy magazines aren't up to time with current events because of publishing deadlines ect).

This is when I stumbled across Language Of Flowers.

A new luxury t-shirt brand started by two friends Stephanie and Alexandra. A concept inspired from Great Britain in the Victorian era where flowers were given to express feelings as communications out loud were frowned upon.
With every flower having a meaning, the beautifully illustrated designs combine these with a playful, unique, sexy, rock and roll touch.

For the day I resisted my temptations of snapping one up straight away after falling in love with the creative designs and the concept behind the brand.

However this soon changed after receiving an invitation (of which I can't state till tomorrow as I'm taking one of my close girlies with me as a surprise along with lunch as a treat and cheer me up).


All I'll say is, the concept is perfect for where were off too.

A few clicks and sleeps later, one was mine.

Arriving beautifully wrapped in pink tissue sealed with a flower along with a hand written note from the girls.


I chose top Lily meaning death, which isn't really the best meaning to chose and too wear but I loved the femininity that the lily flowers brought to the connotations of skulls. I like skulls but I always feel too girlie and not me in something with a skull on but this had the femininity I have been longing after. My sister is also named Lily so seemed like the perfect choice.

A small packet of seeds hangs along side a tag explaining the meaning behind the flower.



The brand is currently only available at Wolf and Badger on Westbourne Grove or you can simply shop online here at ilovelof as I did.

I wish the girls every success with the brand and look forward to seeing it grow and develop. But for now I can't wait for tomorrow where my location and where about's can be reviled and my new top can have its first of many outings. (Blog post will of course follow)


No comments:

Post a Comment