Friday 19 August 2011

The Perfect Start To The Day.

So I have finished work for two whole weeks and while I wait for the next hour to past before I leave I thought I'd share my new favourite breakfast. 

I've been eating this, with a little variation every morning for the past few weeks and I have to say I feel alot better for doing so as well as it being low in calories it keeps me feeling alot fuller than a standard breakfast cereal or toast. 

It does take slightly longer in preparation time, so I would recommend getting up 5 mins earlier should you wish to give it ago but its most defiantly worth it. 

You can use what ever fruit you prefer, but my favourite at the moment is water melon and strawberries. 

So here goes. 

Step 1. Slice a reasonable slice of water melon then chop into mouth size cubes. 



Step 2. Either use mini strawberries and take the stalk of them, of cut larger ones in half or quarters. 


Step 3. I have been using Jordans but any porridge oats will do just fine. A small handful of oats as well as a handful of crunchy oats. Sainsbury's oats have alot more oats in comparison to Tesco's, but go by what you prefer.
Dorset muesli is also lovely with it, soft but with a slight crunch with the odd piece of dried fruit. 




 Step 4. Top with a single strawberry or slice of fruit of your choice.



Bon Appetite 

Serve with a warm Green tea and honey for the perfect start to the day. 

You may be thinking what I saw when I first made it 'isn't it going to be dry' but i can assure you the juices you get from the fruit, especially watermelon softens the oats just right. 







No comments:

Post a Comment